Policy, Planning and Research Division
To provide expertise and services in policy, strategies and guidelines formulation, implementation and research on HIV/AIDS response in Tanzania
- To develop strategies for resource mobilization and their utilization
- To carryout research on HIV/AIDS;
- To provide basis for making informed decision on the future direction of the Commission;
- To encourage and facilitate provision of services by the private sector in the Commission;
- To prepare Commissions contribution to the Budget speech and Annual economic report;
- To institutionalize strategic planning and budget skills in the Commission; and
- To ensure that HIV/AIDS plans and budgets are integrated into the government budgeting process.
- Policy Section;
- Planning Section; and
- Research Section.
- Formulate policies and proposal for legislation procedures and other regulations with the aim of improving the legal environment for HIV/AIDS intervention;
- Formulate strategies on the HIV/AIDS National response;
- Address issues and problems concerning HIV/AIDS positive Tanzanians and their families;
- Coordinate and distribute guidelines of sector plans and interventions concerning the HIV/AIDS response;
- Facilitate review of the HIV/AIDS policies and strategies; and
- Facilitate review of performance of National Strategies for Poverty Reduction in the areas of HIV/AIDS implementation.
- Coordinate the development of programmes to fight HIV/AIDS in the country;
- Receive and analyze and integrate recommendations from the Head of Division for proposed planning and policies of HIV/AIDS related activities;
- Review the Commissions Action Plans on HIV/AIDS and make recommendations to the Head of Division;
- Facilitate development and review of Commission Strategic Plan;
- Facilitate Public Expenditure Reviews for HIV/AIDS; and
- Resource mobilization.
- Plan for research;
- Solicit, receive and process applications for research;
- Monitor on-going research and ensure high quality output and to co-ordinate commissioned consultancy and research on HIV/AIDS related matters;
- Acquire pertinent literature topical and relevant publications and researching publication outlets;
- Facilitate dissemination of output of research on HIV/ADS related matters; and
- Develop collaborative research initiatives and review special studies of HIV/AIDS related issues and programs.